Advantages and applications
|Nowadays, thanks to new drying and processing techniques, new uses are being found for E. globulus. One of these new applications is “laminated profiles”, formed by joining three sheets of wood previously cleaned of defects (knots, cracks, cracks…) and glued together.|
Advantages of glulam
- Reduction of drying times.
- Less loss of raw material than when using solid wood.
- More homogeneous and defect-free product.
- Made-to-measure product, with the desired dimensions.
- Improved dimensional stability compared to solid wood.
- Increased fire stability.
- Less wood to support the same load.
- Increased natural durability.
- Heartwood and radial sawn.
- Manufacture of carpentry elements: Windows, handrails, railings, door frames, frames, bed rails,… (photo)
- Furniture elements: tables, beds, decorative elements,… (photo)
- Elements of street furniture.
- Structural elements: beams, joists,…