Principles and Commitment
The fact of choosing and complying with recognized standards implies that the VILLAPOL GROUP deploys multiple actions that will be based on the following principles:
- Quality as a concept to be applied in each activity carried out, the protection of the environment, and the promotion of forestry activity based on sustainability criteria is the responsibility of EVERYONE.
- A culture improvement program based on a dynamic way of working with shared values and management style, through which the participation of all personnel is encouraged towards the continuous improvement of quality, environmental management and the promotion of sustainable forest management, with a clear awareness of their responsibilities and competencies, for which all the personnel development processes will be deployed, focused on releasing their full potential.
- A business plan consisting of objectives, through the deployment of measures to achieve success using the relevant resources and techniques provided and at a reduced cost.
- Control of performance in financial, environmental, legal, quality, sustainable forest management, employee and customer satisfaction indicators, maintaining correct feedback of both internal and external information on their behavior in favor of of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of one’s position in relation to competitors, with an understanding of strengths and weaknesses.
- Effective management of processes so that they produce results that satisfy all interested parties, for which the key activities required to achieve them, the techniques, competencies and resources are identified and periodically reviewed.
- The continuous improvement of environmental behavior prioritizing minimization, recycling, reuse and prevention actions, as well as the conservation of natural resources, opting for proven, efficient and appropriate technology for the organization’s resources, and based on the correct interpretation of the applicable legislation. .
- Considering that GRUPO VILLAPOL belongs to the timber sector, its contribution to the promotion of sustainable forest management will project to society a new image of wood as the renewable and ecological product that it is.
This Policy for Environmental Management, Quality and Verification of the Chain of Custody of Forest Products, through the promotion of sustainable forest management, has a scope that covers the entire VILLAPOL GROUP, made up of its two companies LAMINADOS VILLAPOL and MADERAS VILLAPOL its facilities and internal and external personnel that work in them, with the sole exception of the activity of Aserrío in terms of the application of the ISO 9001:2000 Standard.
It is known and kept up to date at all levels of the organization, and it is nothing more than a synthesized statement regarding the pillars on which its integral management projects, being subject to those changes that are considered necessary motivated by improvement. continuous, as is the case that justifies this Review, given the organization’s adaptation to Standard 14001:2004 and the implementation of a Verification System for the Chain of Custody of Forest Products, according to the PEFC System, which evidences its commitment as an entity economic and social.
Oscar Villapol Fernandez